Akita University Academic Subsidy
- The Akita University Academic Subsidy is awarded as part of the university’s projects to fund education and research to students who have made outstanding academic achievements. The purpose behind this subsidy is to help improve students’ enthusiasm toward their studies.
- Eligibility: Undergraduate students excluding those in their final year before graduation. Recipients for this subsidy are chosen by taking into consideration their academic performance over the past year and personal qualities.
- Amount: ¥100,000 per person
Akita University Student Awards
Akita University has an award scheme in place to recognize the achievements made by students and student organizations. Awards are given in the following kinds of situations.
- Students who have made outstanding achievements in academic research
- Students who have made outstanding achievements in extracurricular activities
- Students who have been praised by society for their work in social activities
- Students who are deemed to have acted in some other praiseworthy way
The awards available under this scheme are the Award for Excellence and Award for Encouragement. In addition to the above, the university also runs the following award schemes.
- Faculty of Education and Human Studies Dean’s Award
- Graduate School of Medicine and Faculty of Medicine Dean’s Award
- Graduate School of Engineering Science Dean’s Award